“The only thing more exhausting than having a mental illness is feeling like you have to pretend that you don’t”
At Samaritans, one of our goals this year is to raise our voices to help break the stigma that often limits conversations about suicide and mental illness. We are placing a particular focus on young people who are making this a reality. To celebrate, share, and strengthen our collective effort, we will come together in-person (and through live streaming) at the Samaritans Breakfast for Hope.
This annual event will showcase our lifesaving services. celebrate progress, and allow us to raise vital funds for suicide prevention. The big event will take place on Thursday, May 19th from 8-9am at the The Westin Copley Place, and we invite you to join us. Please purchase a ticket on our website, and share this event with your network of friends, family, and colleagues so that we can truly come together as a movement of people committed to breaking the stigma.
To get you excited, let us share a bit more about what you can expect at this year’s Breakfast for Hope:
- Join with hundreds of other voices who also want to fight for suicide prevention alongside you
- Meet a group of young Helpline users, volunteers, and supporters and hear their stories about how they break the stigma of suicide every day in their own lives
- Hear from Mayor Michelle Wu and learn about her personal connection and commitment to prioritizing mental health
- Hear from Sanofi, our lead corporate sponsor about their continued support of Samaritans and learn why this year means so much to them
- Join us in a moving activity to symbolically unite in our efforts to break the stigma
Our 60-minute Breakfast program will be inspiring, and please know that it is your presence at the event that will most inspire us. Seeing and feeling the power of so many passionate advocates in the room all together will energize our work to prevent suicide. If we join together, breaking the stigma (and creating a world without suicide) can truly be within our grasp. We hope to see you there!