Support Our Mission
Get creative to support suicide prevention in ways that reflect your personality and involve your community! Help spread the word about Samaritans’ services and break the stigma surrounding suicide and mental health. You could host a fundraiser event, invite family and friends to make a gift for your birthday or other milestone, run a marathon, or start a Facebook Fundraiser. Previous fundraisers include a haunted house, bowling tournament, dance-a-thon, spinning class, and Ultimate Frisbee tournament. We are grateful to you for dedicating your time and energy to benefit our work!
If you are interested in organizing your own event or participating in an athletic challenge to benefit Samaritans, please complete a brief event proposal form to tell us about your plans. After we receive your proposal, a Samaritans representative will follow up with you to discuss your event.
Organize Your Event
- Start planning early
- Giving people lots of notice helps make sure they are able to participate in your event. Starting early also helps when requesting donated venues or supplies.
- Keep expenses low
- Cut your costs by asking for donations or discounted items such as venue fees, entertainment, decorations, prizes, food, and beverages.
- Incorporate other ways to raise money
- Think about creative things you can add to your event such as auctions, raffles, or selling food or merchandise.
- Tell everyone
- Much of your success will depend on how well you spread the word about your event and the number of people you invite, so shout it from the rooftops.
- Don’t forget to say thanks
- Send letters or emails to all the supporters and volunteers that helped make your event a success.
Get Support from Samaritans
- Brochures, wallet cards, and wristbands featuring our Helpline number
- Samaritans logo for your event materials
- Promotion of your event on Samaritans social media channels and in our monthly newsletter
How to Donate
After your event, please complete the Fundraiser Event Summary form and send donations you have collected to:
Attn: Special Events Manager, Elizabeth Rabinovitch
41 West St., 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02111