ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & SUPPORT
Information about suicide, prevention, and coping with loss is available in many locations on the web. We try to maintain a comprehensive list. To submit a link, email us or call our Business Office at 617-536-2460.
Anonymous Online Mental Health Screening
Mental health is a key part of your overall health. Brief screenings are the quickest way to determine if you or someone you care about should connect with a mental health professional – they are a check-up from your neck up. This program is completely anonymous and confidential, and immediately following the brief questionnaire you will see your results, recommendations, and key resources.
MY3 Support Network App
MY3 is a Support Network app that is promoted by the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
Stay connected to your network when you are in a time of crisis with MY3. With MY3, you define your network, and your plan to stay safe. With MY3 you can be prepared to help yourself and reach out to others when you are feeling suicidal. Remember, there is hope and a life to look forward to even in your darkest moments – this app can help you get through the difficult moments.
Who are your 3? Is it your sister, your therapist, or your neighbor down the street? Download this app to ensure that your 3 are there to help you when you need them most. Download MY3 to make sure that your 3 are there to help you when you need them most.
This film focuses on the lifesaving suicide prevention work of Samaritans, Inc., and was produced in conjunction with the New Hampshire-based mental health nonprofit, Keep Sound Minds (KSM) and the Honce Oui Media Group.
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention
- Best Colleges
- Centers for Disease Control Suicide Prevention Facts and Resources
- Contact USA
- Families for Depression Awareness
- Healthy Mind and Body: A Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Guide
- HelpPRO Suicide Prevention Resources Finder
- Man Therapy
- Mass Men
- Massachusetts Coalition for Suicide Prevention
- Massachusetts Council on Compulsive Gambling
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Suicide Prevention Program
- Massachusetts 211 Help
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- North Central Massachusetts Community Resources Finder
- Regional Center for Poison Control and Prevention
- Riverside Trauma Center
- Screening for Mental Health
- Start Your Recovery
- Student Suicide & Depression Guidebook
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE)
- Suicide Prevention in College
- Words Can Work
Support After Losing Someone to Suicide
Teens & Parents
Samaritans undertook an initiative to work with local and national Parent Teacher Organizations to include the following resource guides in school planners and on websites. For more information and assistance, please contact Lauren Gablinske, Director of Community Education and Outreach.
People in the LGBTQ community are at an increased risk of suicide. For more information and assistance, please refer to