HELPLINE: (877) 870-4673
Our Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call or text us anytime.
Our services are free, confidential, and anonymous.
Do you feel suicidal, lonely, or depressed? Want to talk?
Each day, people who are struggling turn to Samaritans in search of compassionate support. If you are feeling uncertain about anything in your life, we are here for you. Whatever the reason, you will get help from a trained volunteer offering non-judgmental support. Our 24/7 Crisis Helpline also provides resources for those reaching out with concern for others.
If you prefer to use a chat service, we also offer support through the Lifeline Crisis Chat. This is a service of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, supported by Samaritans in partnership with CONTACT USA.
All information relating to a person who reaches out for help is confidential to Samaritans unless:
- We have informed consent from the person to pass on information;
- We call Emergency Services because a person appears to be at imminent risk of death;
- We receive a court order requiring us to divulge information;
- We are told information about acts of terrorism or bomb warnings;
- A person attacks or threatens volunteers or others; or
- A person deliberately prevents the service from being delivered to other callers.
While Samaritans maintains confidentiality, even after the death of a caller, please consider that our contact information may appear on the invoice provided by your mobile service provider.