HELPLINE: (877) 870-4673
Our Helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call or text us anytime.
Our services are free, confidential, and anonymous.
Call and Text Services
Each day, people who are struggling with loneliness, depression, or suicidal feelings turn to Samaritans in search of respectful and non-judgmental support. Whatever the challenge, those who are suffering will find a caring, compassionate person who will listen.
If you are feeling isolated, desperate, or uncertain about anything in your life, we are here for you. Trained volunteers will answer your calls and texts, and offer unconditional support. Our call and text services also support those reaching out with concerns for others.
Lifeline Crisis Chat is a service of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, supported by Samaritans in partnership with CONTACT USA.
All information relating to a person who reaches out for help is confidential to Samaritans unless:
- We have informed consent from the person to pass on information;
- We call Emergency Services because a person appears to be at imminent risk of death;
- We receive a court order requiring us to divulge information;
- We are told information about acts of terrorism or bomb warnings;
- A person attacks or threatens volunteers or others; or
- A person deliberately prevents the service from being delivered to other callers.
While Samaritans maintains confidentiality, even after the death of a caller, please consider that our contact information may appear on the invoice provided by your mobile service provider.