CEO Trainer ApplicationThank you for your interest in joining the Samaritans Community Education and Outreach (CEO) team as a trainer on a per diem basis.
The CEO program serves to educate the public about suicide prevention and awareness through workshops, trainings, and community events. These are provided for any group, including, but not limited to youth, adults, and older adults. Workshops occur in a variety of settings, such as schools, corporations, non-profit organizations, and many others. Workshops are tailored to the individual groups, and generally provide the following information related to suicide prevention and awareness:
- Tools on how to best support someone that may be in a crisis, focusing on active listening, asking questions, asking about suicide, and getting them help
- Facts, figures, and myths of suicide
- Risk factors, warning signs, protective factors, and self-care
- Providing Samaritans’ resources and information on how to access them
Per diem trainers will have the opportunity to lead workshops and trainings on behalf of Samaritans, and will receive $150 per workshop. Training materials will be provided. Trainers will be expected to communicate with event hosts and report results to hosts and to Samaritans after each training.
Prospective trainers will participate in two hours of training and will observe two workshops given by our seasoned trainers. While the number of workshops each trainer will lead will vary month to month, trainers should be available for a minimum of five hours each month.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in training and or/teaching
- Knowledge of the field of suicide and suicide prevention preferred
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make effective and persuasive presentations
- Adept at interacting with others in person, over the phone, on zoom, or via email
- Proficiency in PowerPoint required
Please fill out the application below and someone will be in touch shortly.
Samaritans provides lifesaving suicide prevention services throughout Greater Boston, MetroWest, and across Massachusetts. Our services are free, confidential, and nonjudgmental.