Training workshops and awareness events for Youth, Older Adults and Gatekeepers.
The Community Education & Outreach Coordinator’s role is to provide support to the Community Education & Outreach Manager for our ongoing Community Education & Outreach services in order for the agency to fulfill its mission of serving the isolated, despairing and suicidal through compassionate and non-judgmental listening. Specifically, this position will support suicide prevention education and resiliency skill building to Youth, Older Adults and Gatekeepers (those likely to be in contact with at risk populations).
- Coordinate with Middle schools, High schools and other youth serving programs to deliver workshops.
- Coordinate with retirement communities and independent assisted living programs or other community programs for seniors to deliver workshops directly to seniors
- With the assistance of the Community Education & Outreach Manager develop curriculum directly associated with specific Outreach audiences.
- Conduct ongoing research and review of suicide prevention literature to insure that the training materials include the most up-to-date statistics and services related to Youth, Older Adults and other populations at risk for suicide including risk factors, warning signs and related issues
- Keep the Community Education & Outreach Manager and agency apprised of inventory levels of appropriate educational materials
- Maintain and report appropriate statistics on Community Education & Outreach programs at the direction of the Community Education & Outreach Manager
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Travel will be required to locations in which Outreach workshops will be conducted (servicing Greater Boston-128 belt and MetroWest communities)
- Flexibility in working hours appropriate for responsibility for Community Education and Outreach is required
- Flexibility in meeting demands and remaining positive during interactions is essential
- Successfully completes the befriending training
- Participation in industry related conferences as well as visits to other agencies, board members and donors may be necessary
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to at risk groups and other demographics as required
- Ability to interact effectively with others
- Functions well as a member of a team
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BA or BS required
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a social service agency
- Knowledge in suicide prevention preferred
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with a database (Raiser’s Edge a plus)
- Previous work as a trainer/educator preferred
How to Apply
Please email your resume (saved as yourlastname_resume) and cover letter yourlastname_coverletter) explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with Community Education & Outreach Coordinator as the subject line.